Tuesday, April 10, 2012




THEIR SOLE PURPOSE 
IS WINNING SOULS.

Many years ago, I felt compelled to write letters to several wealthy Christian business people. Among them were the President of WalMart, the Founder of Chick-fil-A and a businessman in Mansfield, Texas with a reputation as a Christian Philanthropist. 
The President of WalMart called me at home and the Founder of Chick-fil-A sent me a signed copy of his book with a note in it. The Philanthropist? I was driving down the freeway when I suddenly exited, walked into his office unannounced, and enjoyed 2 hours of conversation with him.
In each case, I learned a great deal about building the Kingdom using all the resources God has placed at our disposal, remaining humble despite one's wealth, and investing in people.
I have been blessed to have met several others since then – wealthy Christian business people who will actually use their wealth as a means for creating jobs so that they might win souls in the process, once employees “take the bait” and begin exchanging their time for cash. 
Yes, there's nothing wrong with having loads of money, so long as money - or the lack of it - doesn't have US!
MUCH WORK... 
VERY LITTLE TIME
Do YOU have a sense of urgency where Kingdom things are concerned? Do you live as though there is a promise of tomorrow, or with a purpose born out of winning souls while you have breath in your body?
We hear a lot of talk about “The Last Days” lately. Movies like “2012” tend to fuel that fire and “Doomsday Preppers” have many wondering about the state of things. All I can say is, today may not be THE last day, but it could be MY last day. 
Or yours. 
When somebody screams, “We're gonna die!” in most cases, they are 100% correct. We will...someday.
As you may know, I am a Workplace Chaplain. In the Summer of 2010, I was successfully serving three businesses – all affiliated with the same parent company. These three facilities were part of a network of 39 businesses consisting of thousands of employees. One day, I received a call from the corporate secretary. Seems they received a 'thank you' from one of the Employees of three facilities where I'd been serving, appreciative of the difference my services had apparently made among the staff. The woman who phoned me, seemingly astounded, asked, “You mean to tell me you PRAY with people in our facilities? “ She continued, “Let's say I'm an atheist...who do I sue, you...?”
She closed by requesting my address and, within two days, I received a Certified Letter demanding that I cease to solicit their facilities any further and to stay off their property. (I have since been informed that, for totally unrelated reasons, she, her superior and his superior have all been terminated. I cannot confirm that but, frankly, would not be surprised).
In contrast, just last night at a banquet, I spoke with a Kingdom-minded business woman who agreed with me when I quoted Jesus in John 9:4 when He said, “We must work the works of Him Who sent Me and be busy with His business while it is daylight; night is coming on, when no man can work.” 
DO YOU “GET IT”?
This was a lady who “gets it.” 
Other business people I've heard of, and know personally, have so embraced the Kingdom agenda, they cannot help but consider the soul-winning aspect of starting another business venture or – I dare say – hiring a Workplace Chaplain for the sake of their personnel.
Soul-winning is not merely another religious term. It’s not an act we are expected to perform or a prayer to be recited. The “soul” is referred to as the Mind, the Will and the Emotions. If we can sway those three things in another person - calling them over to our side - we have won their soul. As the one who signs the checks, the possibility exists to do some mighty effective work – greater than most churches could dream of!
Life is not a dress rehearsal. Where material goods, fame and trophies are concerned, we can't take any of it with us. None of it will matter at all in days ahead.
Pray about it. How can YOU maximize the Kingdom impact of YOUR organization? Maybe I can help.
Do a Spiritual Self-Assessment. Be honest about what motivates you.
Every blessing,
Michael Tummillo
Founder, The Church @ Work (TCAW)

No comments:

Post a Comment