Wednesday, April 18, 2012




Miracles @ Work.
God's Healing power in the workplace

The only thing difficult about Divine Healing is when we actually believe we have anything to do with it. Your simple availability and willingness to be used by God, allowing Him to work through you and with you, is all that's required for a miracle to be set into motion; either an instant miracle or a progressive healing, both of which were exhibited by Jesus at various times during His ministry.

Moments ago, when I felt impressed to start writing this message, but not knowing what I was going to write about, I started going through my memory banks, recollecting occasions when God's power was manifested through me in a secular work environment. There were many instances, but I thought I'd share a few in hopes they will encourage you.

Nearly 20 years ago, God had given me an incredible dream. In this dream, I was running from house to house like the White Knight in the old AJAX Laundry Detergent commercials, touching people and watching as their clothes turned white in a flash. It was so realistic, I couldn't wait to share with Jan, a coworker in her late 50's. When I saw Jan next morning, she was eating an apple and, as I excitedly shared my surreal dream, her mouth dropped and so did her apple. With a stunned look upon her face, she shared how she had broken her neck on a ski-lift as a girl and was in constant pain. She also shared how, just that morning as she prayed, the Holy Spirit had told her to "let Mike pray for you and you will be healed."

Excitedly, I laid my hands upon her shoulders and, in a moment, she began rotating her neck in circles and weeping, thanking God! She later shared she was also healed from a "secret" smoking addiction at the same time. God is so good!

On another occasion, I was visiting my sister's workplace near Austin. When she was introducing me to several coworkers, a pretty blonde woman was among them wearing dark sunglasses. When my sister inquired about her shades, she said she had an eye problem that was causing her pain and made her vision sensitive to light. She agreed to let me and some others lay our hands upon her and I led the group in ministering healing to her. She went to the doctor the next day but claimed her eyes were better before she ever reached the appointment! 

A woman who owned a string of nursing homes said one of her homes was being overrun by homosexual staffers including one cross-dresser. The Residents were even telling prospective visitors NOT to consider that facility because of these things and other Residents had already left. One night, about 9PM, several of us joined the Owner at that facility and prayed over the place, inside and out. In a few weeks, the flamboyant gay employees resigned, including the lesbian Administrator who was replaced by a very godly, pastoral gentleman who greatly turned the place around.

I was teaching a Bible study on healing in another nursing home and a woman in her 90's in a wheelchair was present. After I had taught, I looked at the woman and asked if she believed God wanted to heal her. She said she believed He did but she, herself, was probably the hindrance. After I ministered to her, I said, "Faith without works is dead... you have to do something!" To my surprise (yes, I was surprised), she got out of her chair for the first time in decades, and walked about 25 feet, tears rolling down her cheeks, and returned to the chair saying she was tired. One nurse said she had never seen her walk in many years. 

The very next day, some 5 hours east of that facility, I shared that same story to another Bible study group. There sat another woman in her 80's - a stroke victim - in a wheelchair, who spoke up, firmly stating God had told her she would NOT spend the rest of her life in that chair. With her permission, I laid hands on her and prayed. She asked for help standing up and took off, walking around the conference table, hands raised over her head while everyone gasped. After she sat back down, smiling from ear to ear, I asked what she was thinking and she said, "I wanna do that again!" So she got up again and made another lap. Glorious!

A man in an Executive position was sharing with me about his dad's cancer, tears pooling in his eyes. His mother had only recently passed away and the thought of his dad dying was simply more than he could bear. He agreed to sit in proxy for his father as several of us laid hands upon him right there in the conference room. Within a few days, I received a call from him; the doctor had given his dad a clean bill of health. No cancer, Praise the Lord!

I could go on and on, but I won't. I have been blessed to have witnessed Father's healing power in the workplace many times and, guess what? He desires to do the same thing where YOU work! Maybe it's Divine Healing, or just a word spoken in due season to encourage a coworker. Maybe it's a hospital visit, a card, a listening ear or some sound advice, ALL of us need only CHOOSE to make ourselves available. 

A word of warning: you may get addicted and want MORE! That's NOT a bad thing.

Every blessing,
Michael Tummillo
Founder, The Church @ Work (TCAW)
miketummillo@me.com

No comments:

Post a Comment