Wednesday, April 25, 2012




Invest in building people, 
NOT in buildings, people!

The Church in America isn't growing. Even seminary attendance is falling. When Chinese converts number 30,000 DAILY, under persecution, meeting in barns, fields, forests, and caves, we're building spiritual non-profit corporations. Frankly, that connection to the government ALONE should have sent up a red flag - I'm shocked that it doesn't more often. 


The focus seems more on TRANSFER growth than on person-to-person evangelism. New programs, new buildings, new billboards, new concert nights, new Youth Minister, new carpet, new parking lot... anything we can do t keep 'em coming through the front door while many are trickling out the back, virtually unnoticed.


When I learned of a church embarking upon a $15 million building project, all I could do was scratch my head and wonder why they weren't building fifteen $1 million churches all over the city, spending their time training ministers to staff those facilities in preparation. Even better, why not train an army of existing Members to establish Simple Churches in their workplaces, at restaurants, in homes, apartments, schools and parks? What we are doing seems so unbiblical... such a deviation from the blueprint we've bee given.


As a Workplace Chaplain, I would be thrilled to speak to any congregation about the Faith in the Workplace Movement. Billy Graham said, "I believe the next great move of God will be among Believers in the Workplace." If you could see what I've seen, you'd agree!


Let me know if I can help you!


Every blessing,
Michael Tummillo
Founder, The Church @ Work (TCAW)
miketummillo@me.com





No comments:

Post a Comment