Thursday, April 5, 2012


Are YOU in Full-time Ministry? 
Yes, you are!
We have incorrectly elevated the role of the "full-time" Christian worker to being more "holy" and committed than the person who is working in the secular environment. Yet, the call to the secular workplace is as important as any other calling to ministry. After all, God has to have His people in every sphere of life. Otherwise, many would never come to know Him because they would be separated from society.
I learned this lesson personally when I found myself divorced and separated from my own kids. During the darkest hour of my soul, without my family, unemployed, having lost my home, working as a groundskeeper in a Texas mobile home park, and diagnosed with an "incurable spinal disease, someone paid my way anonymously to attend Bible College. I saw miracles take place through my own life on a daily basis, even though I was not serving on any church staff and had no ordination certificate or ministerial license. When I finally re-entered the workforce, I found myself being regularly called-upon to give counsel to coworkers, pray over staff meals, and visiting hospitalized employees. Suddenly, I was having a greater Kingdom impact on the lives of individuals on a daily basis than I ever would by preaching from a pulpit. In time, the Father saw I'd been faithful with the little things and He gave me a computer. What a paradigm! I began reaching scores, thousands and millions via the Internet over the next 13 years. 
Imagine that? Me, a one-finger typist who hates all-things-computer!
According to Philippians 4:13, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. I can't help but wonder what it is Christ wants to do through YOU? All you have to be is available and obedient. 
There's more to your job than trading time for a paycheck. I believe we're living in the day of the ordinary, not the ordained. That makes YOU a prime candidate!
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." - Colossians 3:23-24
Every blessing,
Michael Tummillo
Founder, The Church @ Work (TCAW)

No comments:

Post a Comment