Friday, December 28, 2012

Bread-Breakers is taking off!


Yesterday - about 24 hours ago - I published a message explaining how my wife and I have decided to invite people over for a meal which could lead to ministry. I cited many Scriptural examples of how Jesus ministered around food (I LOVE that about Jesus) and felt we should do likewise. He IS our example, after all.

Soon after sending that message, a business woman wrote me saying she was inspired by what I'd written and had decided to allow a woman, recently-released from prison, to stay in an extra home she owned while she sought work (we discussed the details of living with re-habbing homeless people; I'm rather an expert at that). 

Then, I received an eMail from a man offering an extra ham he'd bought for Christmas. I picked that up yesterday. We now have TWO "Ministry Meals" set for January, one with a lady who will come with her daughter, directly from visiting her husband in jail. Both women will stay the night rather than drive home late at night. 

Several others wrote, too, expressing how encouraged they were by that same message and sharing stories of their own Bread-Breaking experiences where Jesus showed up. 

AWESOME!

Can YOU do anything like this for YOUR friends and neighbors? Everybody wants and needs to feel accepted and they certainly need to feel the love of Jesus shed abroad by the Holy Spirit through YOU. In case you missed those Biblical examples, here they are again...

LUKE 19:1-1 (Jesus went to the house of Zacchaeus and ate with him and his "sinner" friends.)
 
MATTHEW 26:6-13 (While eating with Pharisees, a woman who had lived "a sinful life" anointed Him with expensive perfume.)
 
JOHN 2:1-11 (Jesus' first miracle was at a wedding feast.)
 
JOHN 13:1-17 (He had a Last Supper with His followers.)
 
JOHN 21:1-19 (After Peter had denied Jesus three times, Jesus reinstates him over a meal of fresh fish.)
 
MARK 6:30-44 (On several occasions, as part of His ministry to thousands, Jesus fed the people. Personally, I believe every gathering should commence with a meal. Try it and see what happens!)
 
JOHN 4:4-26 (He stopped to get a drink - just as you might stop at Starbuck's - and had a life-changing conversation with a woman there.)
 
MATTHEW 9:9-10 (Jesus met Matthew the tax collector and went to eat at his home along with His disciples and Matthew's "sinner" friends.)

Questions? Suggestions? Write me at miketummillo@me.com

Every one of us can do this at home and at work!

Every blessing,
Michael Tummillo
Founder, The Church @ Work
 

No comments:

Post a Comment