Monday, September 24, 2012

Keeping them covered

Keeping them covered


A friend handed me a slip of paper last time I visited her workplace. She scratched out:
Pray for PENNY R.
Car wreck
Broken legs
Broken collar bone
Broken neck
Brain injury

I'm pleased to report, Penny is going through a surprisingly rapid recovery a month later.

A prayerful woman I know received a call from her son two nights ago. He was headed home from work and - though he has NO IDEA who this happened - he wound up rolling his pick-up truck (which he had just paid off) and totaled it. Other than a few bumps and bruises, he's totally fine.

It reminded me of the Thanksgiving Day when my oldest son and his family were driving home and he fell asleep at the wheel. They left the road, became airborne, and smacked into a cement draining area. They walked away unscathed but totaled the vehicle.

Last Spring, a tornado tore my other son's apartment complex apart but left his unit and car without a scratch. 

When it comes to praying for our families, all I can say is IT MATTERS. Satan is prowling about looking for those he can devour. He's out there trying to kill, steal and destroy. Who is going to lay down "cover fire" if not their own parents?

Whether it's the negative influences of your children's friends and coworkers, or the person driving "under the influence" late at night, YOU HAVE THE POWER to declare safety and pray for God's protection over those He has made you steward over. 

I was eating in a restaurant with a friend, talking about the Lord, when a complete stranger walked over, handed me an envelope and asked that I not read it until she left. Puzzled, I accepted it and she walked off. She wrote how she, "just kept hearing our Father's Name being spoken at your table. It just blessed me and I want to ask you... please pray for my daughter." Afterward, I eMailed and asked many others to pray for her daughter, too. One day, months later, that same woman walked up and introduced me to her completely healed daughter!

Is your kid in Afghanistan? Keep 'em covered! 

Are they on a mission trip? Keep 'em covered! 

Are they in DayCare? Keep 'em covered!

Are they in jail? Keep 'em covered!

Are they in college, the workforce, trying to "find themselves?" Keep 'em covered!

Are they ensnared by drugs and alcohol? Keep 'em covered!

Are their parents going through marital issues? Keep 'em covered!

Are they in the world, being fed a steady diet of the world's perspective on relationships, religion, sex, money and communication - even through the cartoons and movies they are exposed to? Keep 'em covered!

Whether they're driving cross country or down the street, keep those kids covered with prayer. 

Grandparents, that goes for you, too!

Every blessing,
Michael Tummillo
Founder The Church @ Work

No comments:

Post a Comment