Friday, March 1, 2013

The power of the Prayer Cloth


For some folks, the very idea of a "Prayer Cloth" probably seems a bit strange.

Is it Biblical? Sure! Matthew 9:20-22 tells the story of a woman who had suffered severe bleeding for twelve years. She managed to touch the hem of Jesus’ cloak, believing this simple contact would heal her. Jesus countered in verse 22, telling her, “…your faith has made you well.” 

Though that may not be quite the Prayer Cloth to which I'm referring, no one can knock its success! The more I think about it, what a great "first fruits" Prayer Cloth that was! 

In Matthew 14:34-36, men of Gennesaret had a similar thought. They called all the sick from the area and invited them to touch Jesus’ cloak. Apparently, Jesus stood still for this because all who did so were healed. Again, their faith made them well. 

That's more along the lines of what I'm referring to, but there's an even better example found in Acts 19:11-12. In this reference, handkerchiefs that Paul had merely touched were carried to the sick, healing people of diseases and evil spirits. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Many years ago, I was oppressed by a Spirit of Infirmity that caused my doctor to declare I had an "incurable" spinal disease that would cause me to be confined to a nursing home by age 50 (I'm 53 now and I'm in nursing homes all the time, but NOT as a Resident, praise God!). I was in a great deal of pain, walked with a cain and "slept" sitting upright in a chair. One day, while reading a particular ministry's newsletter, I found an ad in which they were offering to send "anointed prayer cloths" to anyone suffering from sickness. It was a free offer and I was desperate. When I received my prayer cloth, it came with a few instructions and a written word of encouragement. 

I placed it gently inside my pillow case and, well... I got better. 

Was it ONLY because of the Prayer Cloth I was healed? 

Was it the Prayer Cloth in conjunction with all the other prayers I'd received?

Was it merely a coincidence I was healed at all?

All I know, and all that matters to me is, I was healed!

Since those days, I have had quite a few experiences regarding Prayer Cloths. For starters, you must know I am a firm believer Jesus never commanded us to "pray for the sick." If you can find that anywhere in Scripture, I'll eat that page. What He DID tell His followers to do was to HEAL the sick. When we minister Divine Healing to anyone who lives far away, 99% of the time, our intercession is all they get, and it's usually enough! However, there are times when we might feel led by the Spirit to send the suffering individual a Prayer Cloth. Typically, it's a napkin or handerkerchief that we lay our hands on, anoint with oil and pray over as if the individual were right there.

A 4-year old with leukemia in Michigan. We prayed over a colorful blanket: healed

A woman in ICU at a hospital hours away: healed

A woman struggling with alcoholism was handed a prayer cloth which she slept with and carried in her pocket: recent report, healed.

There are many other cases I've heard of over my years of ministry as well. One of my favorites is told by a local minister who testifies of his daughter who was in a coma after an accident. When he applied a Prayer Cloth he was given to her forehead in the Emergency Room, immediately, she sat straight up in bed! 

Jesus said, "Be it unto you according to your faith." Right now, is YOUR faith telling you that you, or someone you know, could benefit from this Prayer Cloth ministry? If so, let me know. Send an email with the letters "PC" in your Subject Bar. Include the name and the basic information regarding the ailing person involved and, of course, a mailing address. 

I offer you this guarantee: If you do nothing for yourself or your sickly loved ones, nothing has any chance of taking place.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

By the way, this is FREE!

Every blessing,
Michael Tummillo
Founder, The Church @ Work

No comments:

Post a Comment