Wednesday, February 27, 2013



SUICIDE IN THE CHURCH

Last night, a dear friend in Colorado texted me asking if I would be willing to contact a former co-worker of hers who lives here in Texas. The woman in Texas had recently lost her best friend to suicide. To make matter worse, she had just been going through her own mother's things when she got news of the suicide, her mom having passed away last Christmas-time. We talked, prayed, she cried a great deal. Her greatest struggle was that she had been taught - despite it being unbiblical - that those who committed suicide were destined to eternal Hell. She really had an issue with that.

I sent her three articles I'd written that had been printed in my town's newspaper after a rash of suicides took place here years ago. She wrote me to thank me and, yes, she was very blessed by them. With so many suicides taking place these days, I couldn't help but feel some of you, dear friends, are either wrestling with the urge to do so, or have grieved over loved ones who have committed suicide. I hope these articles will bless you as they have so many others who have read them.

Every blessing,
Michael Tummillo
Founder, The Church @ Work


Suicide in the church PART 2


No comments:

Post a Comment